Saturday 7 December 2013

Making HuDs

For the film trailer I am going to need several Heads up desplays throught certain parts of it, Specifically the bits that have been done with a hand held camera, and the news reel half way through, To get these effects I will first need to create a transparent image using photoshop of the Hud that I require, I first started by creating a background image to use as a base layer so I could judge how the transparency would work, This is the blue background you can see in the picture, This will act as a sort of "green screen" and be invisible to the camera

 Once I had made this background image I created the base background layer for the actual hud as seen above, then added in any text that I didnt want to be animated within the video.
   
Once this was done I made the background layer invisible leaving me with only the HuD, I exported this image as a PNG so that it will work with transparancy and imported it into my adobe preimer sequence, As you can see below the transparency means that when placed ontop of the footage you can still see the original footage underneth the transparent HuD, while the HuD elements remain ontop of the footage.

 Once the Hud was aligend with the footage I created a new "Roll" title With the text that I wanted to be animated inside of it, and aligned it to the hud where I wanted the text to be place, because it is a roll it means that the text will move from the right side of the screen to the left making it animated within the footage
This gave me my news HuD effect to use within my sequence. I then did a final edit to add opacity keys just to it so that it would fade out at the same time as the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment